Strong English language skills assist students to excel in their studies. Our Intensive English Centres (IEC) enable students to develop English language skills so that they transition to mainstream high school with confidence.
Our IECs help students from 12 years of age entering high school to understand our school system and provide English language tuition and welfare support. Advantages of enrolling in a NSW government school IEC include:
- Study in a small class (maximum 18 students) with students of a similar age and English proficiency
- Learn intensive English within the school and through the school curriculum
- Assist students to settle quickly and provide support through our transition program to high school
- Participate in school activities with partner high schools
- Access to school counsellors and welfare support
- Use of all school facilities
- University trained and fully-qualified English language teachers provide lessons in English through core high school subjects such as maths, science, history and geography.