Tuition fees payment scam alert
Several parents have been targeted by a tuition fees payment scam.
In this scam, parents receive a call from a company offering discounts on household bills, such as utilities, rent or tuition fees.
DE International does not offer any discounts on tuition fees and any company offering to provide a discount on your school tuition fees is fraudulent.
Features of a tuition fee payment scam
- A scam company, using the name of a genuine company, offers to pay bills, such as utilities, education fees or rent, on behalf of parent with a discount or commission.
- The parent pays the tuition fees to the scam company.
- The scam company uses credit card information stolen from other individuals to make the payment.
- The parent is of the belief their bills are paid at first but the payment is later found to be fraudulent and reversed.
- The parent needs to make the payment directly to DE International and may not be able to recover the funds paid to the scam company.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us in on 1300 300 229 (Option 2) if you are in Australia, or +61 9244 5555 (Option 2) if you are outside Australia, with any questions or concerns.